Saturday 26 December 2009

POLAND BY CHRIS NIEDENTHAL

One of my favourite reportage photographers is Chris Niedenthal, who back in the 70s and 80s captured the unlikely beauty of Poland in the Communist times. Stores with empty shelves and tanks on the streets of Warsaw are only a few recurring themes in his pictures. Seen through Niedentahls's lens, they evoke humour and nostalgia - something which still inspires, no matter how gruesome they probably appeared back then.









All pictures by Chris Niedenthal

3 comments:

  1. Hi...this is a nice and informative site...I truely enjoy the picture you display
    I'm Steve Bobula in Canada...
    Thank you
    falconer68 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice, really nice I'm Fred from Warsaw i like your blog very much. really:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to purchase a license to make one print of the Warsaw photo back in 81. How would I go about that?

    ReplyDelete