Wednesday 25 November 2009

PIERRE DEBUSSCHERE: TALK, TALK, TALK



To put a bit of a break to this "me, me, me" action, I thought: why not start interviewing photographers, whose work I really like? Except, those won't be the questions you expect from a typical q&a.

So first comes a little chat with my friend Pierre Debusschere - an AMAZING photographer and video maker from Brussels, Belgium. Over the last year, Pierre has been shooting for the likes of Dazed & Confused, Metal and Vogue Hommes Japan, and his fashion videos were exhibited at Colette in Paris last February. Most recently, he art directed the new website for Raf Simons, which, just like Pierre's images, is sleek, futuristic and darkly, darkly beautiful...



Do you remember the first picture you ever took?
It must have been a picture of my mum in my garden lit by falling sunlight.

What inspires you? Music, art & light.

What makes you happy? Achieving something.

What makes you sad? People's complexity.

Your favourite film? Andrei Rublev by Andrei Tarkovsky.

What did you dream about last night? Someone...

What was your favourite fancy dress outfit when you were a child? The potato rafia bag!




Have you ever tried bungee jumping? Nope, but I once jumped from a 15m bridge into water.

What do you listen to in your car? My whole playlist, but mostly songs that I can sing along to until I run out of voice...

What's the most delicious thing in the world? Napolitains!

And the best music video you've ever seen?
Blonde Redhead -The Dress directed by Mike Mills



Thank you Pipi!

All photos by Pierre Debusschere

www.pierredebusschere.com

2 comments: